First take a look at our step-by-step guide on how to start a fundraiser. Then see below:
- First go to this page to choose the type of fundraiser: https://www.globalgiving.org/dy/v2/fundraiser-new/type.
- There you will be asked what you would like to title your fundraiser and choose the kind of fundraiser. Some types require some more information - a spouse's name, title of an event, etc. You will be able to edit this later as well.
- Be sure to check the box on whether or not you would like to share your information with the project you're supporting!
- Once you submit you have a fundraiser page! You will see a big header at the top with a like to "edit your fundraiser" as well as a spot you can upload a new photo.
- Next you want to connect your fundraiser with the project you want to support! To do this search for your project in the search bar on the site. Then click on the project to get to their page.
- On the project's page scroll down to just below the second orange donate button. You will see a little green bubble that says "+ fundraiser". Click on this and it will connect that project with your fundraiser!
- Now your fundraiser will have a project with donation options and you can start spreading the word about the good you're doing!
- You can always go back and edit your fundraiser! Just login to your GlobalGiving account here where you will see the "Fundraisers & Registries" tab. From there you can go to your fundraiser, edit your fundraiser, or delete it.